Imitation Shark Fin Soup, a popular dish for every function event and now you can just do it at home in s simple way.
Imitation Shark Fin Soup Simple Recipe
Shark finning has been a big ‘NO’ and for this, we can use glass noodle to replace it. However, it is still an optional ingredient as we know shark’s fin itself is flavorless.
But what important is – the broth. The flavor comes mainly from the broth which is made with chicken stock (I use mushroom stock)
- 3 skinless chicken breast
- 5 crab sticks (long) or 10 crab sticks (short) – Depends on preferable
- 3 – 4pcs Shitake (Chinese black mushroom), soaked with hot water
- 30 gm cellophane noodles（粉絲or called “glass noodles”）- I use Enoki (Golden Mushroom)
- 8 pcs of dried black fungus – Optional
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock/mushroom stock
- 1-2 litre water
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- a dash of sesame oil
- white pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 4 Tbsp water
1. Soak black mushrooms, dried black fungus, and cellophane noodles (if you are using) separately until soften and drain well.
Remove the hard stems of black mushrooms (you can save the stems to cook other Chinese soups if you like), cut into small strips.
2. Trim the dried black fungus. Section Enoki mushroom. Set aside.
3. Shred chicken breast into thin strips.
4. Shred crab stick into thin strips,
5. Bring chicken broth and water to the boil. Add chicken, black mushroom, dried black fungus and cook for a while until all ingredients are cooked through and softened.
6. Add Enoki Mushroom and seasoning. Add salt to taste.
7. When it boils again, stir in thickening and beaten egg, mix well.
8. Remove from heat. Use a small bowl to serve! Garnish with spring onion and serve a side with Black vinegar/Chinese vinegar.
* For more about Food + Life . You, do follow us. *