Genting Coffee Festival taking place over 19th – 21st October dedicating to the world of coffee, including exciting demonstrations and challenging competitions.
Baristas from the Barista Guild Asia during a demonstration to onlookers during the Genting Coffee Festival.
Genting Coffee Festival – Shows your talent
Malaysian coffee aficionados will be able to participate in a variety of activities spanning the entire supply chain of the humble bean which is worth RM500 each session.
These include coffee appreciation sessions, where highly qualified experts such as Daniel Liew, Academic Director and Co-founder of Barista Guild Asia will be on hand to guide guests through a Bean to Cup story.
Guests can also challenge their taste buds at these sessions, attempting to guess coffee – whether local, pure soluble, stale, commercial or specialty – just from the taste.
“We are extremely proud to host the very first Genting Coffee Festival which is the first of its kind at the resort with our partners, NESCAFÉ and the Barista Guild Asia. Throughout the three days, various workshops and contests will be conducted which includes ‘bonding’, ‘brewing’ and ‘tasting’
This is the first of its kind free workshop where visitors will learn everything about coffee. We hope that visitors will have a memorable time here as they spend their time learning to craft your own latte, smell the beans at cupping as well as sensory workshops.” – Said Clarence Tan, Vice President of Loyalty and Acquisition at Resorts World Genting
Specialist classes will also be available
Sensory Cupping class, latte art class, brewing class, Espresso workshop and many more are the few classes available.
During the Espresso workshop, Daniel Liew shared that there are two layers to the espresso: the crema and the liquid. The former contains the aroma whilst the latter contains the flavor and both layers have to be stirred and consumed within 30 seconds before drinking.
Speaking on behalf of Nestle Products Sdn Bhd, Mr. Ehsan Isa, Senior Brand Manager said,
“NESCAFÉ is collaborating with Resorts World Genting to celebrate coffee culture in Malaysia through the Genting Coffee Festival. We are inviting visitors of Resorts World Genting to engage in world of coffee through a series of barista-hosted appreciation sessions, coffee-related contests and barista competition throughout the three days.
As NESCAFÉ celebrates its 80th anniversary, this is a great platform to support the coffee industry in Malaysia by nurturing coffee appreciation amongst consumers. Nestlé as food & beverage solutions partner of the resort will continue to support the opportunities and growth potential of leisure and hospitality industry at Resorts World Genting”.
Things will then kick up a notch with a Barista Smackdown and Latte Art Throwdown competitions scheduled for the second and third day.
Expect to see intricate details and astounding formations, all in the quest to be named Champion and win the RM1, 000 cash prize. The 1st and 2nd runners-up will receive RM300 and RM200 cash prize, respectively.
Visitors can also visit each booth to stand the chance to win a pair of flight tickets for a holiday to Vietnam.
And if all that coffee isn’t enough, enthusiasts should also schedule a trip to ‘France’ by ordering a cuppa at Cafés Richard, located at Level 1 of SkyAvenue mall, just a short walk away from the Coffee Festival.
Luc Jiguet, Brand Ambassador of Cafés Richard during a demonstration at Cafés Richard.
Fine French art of coffee – From cold drip to cocktails, coffee is presented here in a bewildering array of forms
This is a free for all Genting Coffee Festival at the concourse located at the Times Square of SkyAvenue Mall.
Other promotions running concurrently for coffee lovers include:
- Resorts World Genting Coffee Festival Room Package – one night’s stay at First World Hotel from RM219, including a Le Festin High Tea Set at Cafés Richard at SkyAvenue.
Stay period: 1-31 October 2018 (Monday-Thursday, excluding Public Holidays).
- Genting Coffee Festival Sign-Up – register for the festival between 19-21 October 2018 and receive a voucher for a free coffee at Cafés Richard or Park Avenue Lounge at SkyAvenue.
- Earn 8 Genting Points over the period 1-31 October, redeemable for two free NESCAFÉ drinks
- Coffee-related offers from Resorts World Genting merchants/tenants from 1-31 October, including:
- Cafés Richard – Buy 1, Free 1 promotion on selected coffees from Monday to Friday
- Cafés Richard – a Complimentary slice of Cheesecake with purchase of slow-drip coffee from Monday to Friday, exclusive to Genting Rewards members
- Park Avenue Lounge – Buy 1, Free 1 promotion on selected coffees from Monday to Friday
- Coffee Bean – RM10 for a 12oz Hazelnut Americano (23% discount)
- Coffee Bean – RM10 for a Nitro Cold Brew (31%, valid for 21 October 2018 only)
- DalKomm – 30% discount on the purchase of a second beverage
- DC Comics Super Heroes Café – 30% discount on the purchase of any coffee beverage (except espresso and Americano)
- Morganfield’s – Complimentary Chocolate Flawless Cake with purchase of a cup of Coffee on the Rock
- San Francisco Coffee – Buy 1, Free 1 Ultimate Frappés (Mocha, Latte, Chocolate or Vanilla)
- Starbucks – Complimentary fresh brewed coffee with a minimum spend of RM50 in a single receipt
For more information on the Coffee Festival please visit, www.rwgenting.com or call +603 6101 1118.
* For more about Food + Life . You, do follow us. *
Website | Instagram | FB Group | Fan Page | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube