U.S. Potatoes can be used in many types of dishes such as oven-baked, roasted, fondant potato, boiled, mashed, and many more. Besides that, it can be used to cook Malaysian delicacies too such as Curry Chicken, Curry Puff Ayam Kurma, Spicy Potato Sambal and so much more!
Do you know U.S. Potatoes has zero fat, zero sodium, and also zero cholesterol?
One medium-size U.S. Potato provides about 30% of your daily value, 27mg of Vit. C. I love to prepare dishes for my family using U.S. Potatoes because they are zero fat, zero sodium, and zero cholesterol. It contains only 110 calories.
Oven Baked U.S. Potatoes Kimchi Pie
This is so delicious! I just make a very delicious Oven Baked U.S. Potato Kimchi Pie. A recipe by Chef Jason Manson.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready Time: 35 minutes
Potato Type: U.S. Russet Potato
Prep Method: Oven
Oven baked Potato
- 4 nos U.S. Russet Potato (Cut Small cube)
- 100gm Kimchi (chopped)
- 10gm Onion white (Chopped)
- 5gm Garlic (Chopped)
- 50gm 3 type Cheese (Cheddar, Gouda, Mozzarella)
- 20gm Parmesan Cheese
- 100ml Cooking Cream
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Black Pepper
- 10ml Cooking Oil
- 2gm Sesame seed (Garnish)
- 2gm English Parsley(Chopped)
1. Prepare a chopping board and knife. Cut the peeled potatoes and cut into medium size cubes. Put aside.
2. Prepare a medium size pan. Add the garlic, onion, and chopped kimchi. Sautee the ingredients for at least 5 minutes then add in the cubed potatoes, sautee for at least 10 minutes. Next, add the whipping cream and stir well with the ingredients.
3. Add the 3 cheese and also the salt and black pepper. Transfer into a casserole dish and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 180 Celsius and after reheating, transfer the casserole dish inside the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Sprinkle some sesame seed and chopped parsley on top before serving.
Recipe for Loaded U.S. Mashed Potato Crab Cake
Loaded Mashed Crabcake
- 4 nos U.S. Russet Potato (cut cube)
- 100gm fresh Crabmeat
- 20gm Carrot (small dice)
- 20gm Onion (small dice)
- 5gm Coriander (chopped)
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Black Pepper
Lime Cumin Aioli
- 5ml Lime Juice
- 10gm Cumin Powder
- 200gm Mayonnaise
For Breading Potato
- 3 nos Egg (egg wash)
- 200gm All Purpose Flour
- 200g Japanese Bread Crumb
1. Prepare a small mixing bowl to add the lime juice, cumin powder, and mayonnaise.
2. Prepare a medium size pot filled with water. Add the cut cube potato and cook for 20 minutes. Once the potato is cooked, use a strainer to remove excess water and transfer it to a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to mash the potato. Add the rest of the ingredients like crab meat, chopped coriander, celery, carrot, and onion inside the potato. Shape the potato into a round shape.
3. Prepare 3 medium size trays. Start to coat the potato with flour first, next with egg wash, and lastly the bread crumbs. Do this for at least 6 nos. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, 15 minutes for cooking time. Arrange the breaded potato crabcake on the baking tray and put it inside the oven. Start the cooking process.
4. Once the potatoes are cooked, transfer them to the serving plate together with the lime cumin aioli.
Benefits of using U.S. Potatoes
U.S. Potatoes have zero fat, zero sodium, and zero cholesterol, so it’s a healthier choice for your family.
- One medium-sized potato has 110 calories only Potatoes are more energy-packed than any other popular vegetable
- One medium-size U.S. Potato provides about 30% of your daily value, 27 milligrams of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin C may help support the body’s immune system which helps boost our immune system naturally to help us fight against illnesses.
- A medium-sized potato contains 26 grams of carbohydrates, a key source of energy for muscles.
- U.S. Potatoes are rich in Vitamin B6 with one medium potato providing 10% of the recommended daily value. Vitamin B6 is important for proper cell function. They help with metabolism, creating blood cells, and keeping cells healthy.
- Potatoes have 3 grams of plant-based protein per serving. Protein is the building block for the growth and a key component of muscles, ligaments, and connective tissues.
- High in potassium – One medium size skin on a potato contains 620 milligrams of potassium or 15% DV more than a medium-size banana. Potassium helps regulate fluids and mineral balance in and out of cells, maintain normal blood pressure, vital for transmitting nerve impulses or signals, and helps muscles contract.
For more information about Oven Baked U.S. Potato Kimchi Pie Recipe and more, please visit:-Website: www.uspotatogoodness.com.my
Facebook: @My Potatoes USA